Monday, August 03, 2020

My Tears for Ka’bah



I often recall the little me who grew up visualising the black and golden cube 
Who did not know how it felt to the eyes, what was it’s size absolute
All I knew was that this most precious structure on the face of earth 
Was the House of Rabb Al-Aalameen - Rabb As-Samawaati, Rabb Al-Ardh! 

I was taught to say “Allaahu Akbar” and commence my communication with Allaah
I was told that HE is watching me and listening to me while I was in Salaah
I was assured that HE is pleased with me while I was facing the Qiblah 
And every prayer only strengthened my love boundlessly for the Ka’bah! 

Step by step I understood the greatness of its location 
My heart melted each time to know the details of its foundation
I fell in love with everything it related to of Hajar, Ismaeel and Zamzam 
Peace and blessings of Allaah be upon the family of Father Ibraheem! 

When I learnt the beautiful Seerah of the beloved of Allaah 
I was mesmerised with the event of the change of Qiblah 
I felt that this strong attachment that I have for the Ka’bah 
Is a sign of subconsciously following a beautiful Sunnah! 

With every heartbeat that longed for a dreamy future 
A dream to circumambulate the Ka’bah my heart would nurture
I longed for the hand that would hold mine in the Mataaf
A companion who would match my steps in Saai and Tawaaf

My Duas for a caretaker - a simple traveller towards Allaah
The only worldly desire I had was a gift of a grateful Umrah
The journey of this life I wished included this destination
With an eternal companion who would be a source of my salvation

Perhaps, for a reason wiser my Rabb extended my wait so very long 
My anticipation was put on hold, my choice proved so very wrong 
The Ka’bah of my childhood dreams once more replicated 
I was blessed with a little companion, who just like me anticipated 

With an ageing body and weakening heart when I prostrate today 
The tears for Ka’bah flood my eyes and my lips quiver to say
Ya Wahaab! With the fate of prostrating before You, please honour me
That when I raise my head my eyes do not just visualise, but see

Ya Allaah! You alone do know the longing in my heart 
Before I reach the blessed door, do not let me from this world depart 
Ya Rabb! choose me once while my body has so much of strength 
That I may reach Your House on my feet and worship You at length!

Ameen.. 

~UmmHashiR 












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May Allah (swt) grant you and your son the opportunity, the ability to perform Hajj and Umrah (Allahumma Ameen)

UmmHashir Firdaus said...

Ameen Ya Rabbil Aalameen!

Jazak Allaah khair for the beautiful Dua :)

I am nobody, but a stranger, only a simple wayfarer,
My journey is this life till I reach the Hereafter..
Traveling all along the footsteps of my Teacher
,
For I have to, in time, reach the destination promised by MY
SUSTAINER...