Friday, May 02, 2014

"Dreams of Sand"

Lonely soul on a lonely land
I stood looking at the castles on sand
Those tiny hands that shaped those structures
Were far from the reality of some dreaded creatures

As I looked at those creative monuments
There flashed in my mind few bygone moments
Of how my eyes had dreams of building such castles
Those fairy-tale efforts of  winning through all hassles

But alas! Again and again rebuilt that structure
A dying hope I tried endlessly to protect and nurture
Little I thought how foolish I had been to shape with my hand
A castle so close to my heart, a dream-dwelling made-up of sand!

The sea of destiny doesn't foretell its upcoming tide
The waters of time are too powerful to let the homeless hide
Destined to be destroyed, now or later, are these sandy houses
To be washed away by a dawn are the dreams of such sleepy lashes!

~ UmmHashir Firdaus

No comments:

I am nobody, but a stranger, only a simple wayfarer,
My journey is this life till I reach the Hereafter..
Traveling all along the footsteps of my Teacher
,
For I have to, in time, reach the destination promised by MY
SUSTAINER...